CADENCE continues to work hard on her service skills and continues to practice doing both easy and more difficult skills while wearing a bracing harness. Her retrieve continues to get stronger after every training session and she is learning some cool tricks, like finding a cane amidst sticks and other fun-smelling things outside. Cadence continues to be an enthusiastic worker and a great cuddler once she has completed a long day of training. Cadence is looking forward to taking her new skills on the road once the PADS public access COVID-19 restrictions lift; she has got some showing off to do!
- Skills being learned: Continuing to fine tune her service and bracing skills, including retrieving a cane from farther distances with bigger distractions.
- Recent field trips: Currently Not Applicable Due to COVID-19
- Possible behavior challenges: Separation anxiety.
- Advanced training location: Burnaby
- Potential career path: Assistance Dog
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Cadence!
Submitted by: Training Program Manager Margaret Hicks