COBBLER is getting challenged this month on retrieving hard to reach items, such as keys under a car. This is a very important skill and has helped so many of our clients. We are now combining various cues with our retrieve and asking him to hold things a lot longer while he is asked to do different things, such as put his paws up on the foot plate of a power chair. He and his sister Cannoli have continued to be rough housing buddies and really enjoy each other. They along with their sister Chantilly like to give each other kisses.
- Skills being learned: Retrieving, tug, nose target, foot target, my lap, back, open the door
- Recent field trips: Parks, lake, mall, grocery store, school
- Possible behavior challenges: Alert barking, greeting manners
- Advanced training location: Lower Mainland – Satellite
- Potential career path: Assistance Dog
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Cobbler!
Submitted by: Advanced Trainer Lisa Davis