DORY has been working in or out of head halti and going on field trips to various places. Her loose leash walking continues to look sharper. With going out and about to various places for field trips, she has had a few instances of wanting to toilet at inappropriate times while at malls. We are exploring what adjustments might support Dory adjust her toileting time to go when she is given the chance. “My lap” continues to be one of Dory’s favorite skills to work on and she does so with gusto. Dory did an excellent job with her paw handling skills by helping create a paw art video for Festive Fridays!
- Skills being learned: Practice of obedience and default behaviors, interrupters, my lap
- Recent field trips: Metrotown Mall, Petsmart and various others
- Possible behavior challenges: Attempting to toilet at inappropriate times
- Advanced training location: Burnaby
- Potential career path: Assistance Dog
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Dory!
Submitted by: Service & Hearing Dog Instructor Ashley Siddals