Another busy month for DRIFT, his favorite kind of month! His favorite thing is to “go wild” off leash – he loves to run fast and play (appropriately) at the off-leash park! We make extra effort to give him those opportunities so he can get plenty of opportunity to spread those long legs. Training continues to be fine-tuned as we start to look for potential jobs for this very handsome boy. This month he tried his boat legs out to see if he could go kayaking or canoeing. That was a big hit because of his love of the outdoors. He was very curious when he saw a fish jump, but thankfully he stayed in the kayak.
- Skills being learned: Retrieving food bowl, my lap, nudge, behind, chin rest
- Recent field trips: Parks, lake, mall, grocery store, school
- Possible behavior challenges: capping high arousal with stimulation close by – such as dog parks or handler training another dog
- Advanced training location: Lower Mainland – Satellite
- Potential career path: Assistance Dog
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Drift!
Submitted by: Advanced Trainer Lisa Davis