DRIFT had a busy month. Starting with some new cues to learn the first week, then being the trainer’s assistant at team training at YVR the next. He enjoyed the adventures of three days at the airport and hotel. He got to see his mom and breeder caretaker and really had to practice impulse control! Drift also got to spend some time over Christmas with his raiser! He was one happy guy. Advanced training started back up on Dec 28th and because he loves to learn so much, he didn’t mind that some PADS dogs had more time off then he did.
- Skills being learned: Phone and leash retrieve, coming in closer to handler when given a little side tickle, resting his head down in a lap or on the ground, bow, anxiety interrupters, back, my lap
- Recent field trips: School, parks, malls, pet stores, walks to look at Christmas lights and decorations.
- Possible behavior challenges: Capping high arousal with stimulation close by – such as dog parks or handler training another dog
- Advanced training location: Lower Mainland – Satellite
- Potential career path: Assistance Dog
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Drift!
Submitted by: Advanced Trainer Lisa Davis