DRIFT is in a relationship. Lisa’s released PADS dog Skaha (black lab female) has chosen him as her boyfriend. This is the first time she has seen Skaha follow another dog around and flirt; Drift must really be a charmer! Drift is such a fun dog to train, although he continues to have challenges with over excitement especially around food. Lisa has been working on capping exercises with Drift so his brain can be used to its fullest potential, even when there are snacks around! Lisa uses his enthusiasm to help motivate the other dogs to be faster and try harder. They see him doing the skill and want in on that action. Thank you to Drift’s raisers, puppy sitters and advanced sitters for doing such a good job with him!
- Skills being learned: Tug, My Lap, anxiety interrupters, impulse control, leash retrieve
- Recent field trips: Costco, mall, off leash park, pet store, grocery store, neighborhood walks
- Possible behavior challenges: Capping excited behavior, loose leash walking – keeping a slower speed with the handler
- Advanced training location: Lower Mainland – Satellite
- Potential career path: Assistance Dog
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Drift!
Submitted by: Advanced Trainer Lisa Davis