DRIFT is very excitable and does not lack in enthusiasm, but he does need to practice patience! He is still sorting out why he must share Lisa with other dogs. When training. Lisa and Drift have a little calm down session before they get started – the quicker he calms the quicker training can start. He is also using a remote trainer called a “Treat n Train” so he gets rewarded for relaxing and just watching from a distance. If only we all got fed treats just for lying around! When not in training he is the life of the party and often the instigator of fun. He doesn’t have a favorite buddy; he loves them all.
- Skills being learned: Tug, light, push, retrieve, button, my lap, foot
- Recent field trips: Farm, off leash park, hardware store, pet store, grocery store, neighborhood walks
- Possible behavior challenges: Capping exercises for excited behavior, loose leash walking – keeping a slower speed with his handler
- Advanced training location: Lower Mainland – Satellite
- Potential career path: Assistance Dog
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Drift!
Submitted by: Advanced Trainer Lisa Davis