GROOVY has most of the training basics under his belt, so July meant that we are really getting into the fun parts of advanced training where we focus on all the fun skills! We are also taking advantage of the warm weather and enjoying taking training on the road to outdoor locations like the local park. Of course, when you are at the park, it can’t be all work so there are plenty of play breaks with his training mates Mallee, Iroko and Swell.
- Skills being learned: Bracing skills, retrieving, “light”,” tug,” “up”
- Recent field trips: Chinook Centre, Fish Creek Library, off leash areas, Chasin Tails
- Possible behavior challenges: Can be worried about working around dropped food, body handling sensitivity
- Advanced training location: Calgary
- Potential career path: Assistance Dog
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Groovy!
Submitted by: Advanced Trainer Miranda Turenne