Magic II has been enjoying trying out different paths. While working together, Ashley noticed that Magic was sometimes quite activated by all of the other action happening in the kennel and on-site. And that Magic couldn’t always practice her calm and get all of the rest she needed. Taking that into consideration, Magic’s personality and what learning environment would best continue her training journey, we have decided to mix things up a bit. Magic will also be working with George P. outside of the kennel environment. This collaboration will help us to see how she settles in the day-to-day with an adventurous handler. Magic started her time with George in mid-September with a canoe trip! George says that Magic is having a blast!
- Skills being learned: Practice of foundations and potential skills
- Recent field trips: Robert Burnaby Park and various with George P.
- Possible behavior challenges: impulse control around some scent/food distractions.
- Advanced training location: Burnaby
- Potential career path: Assistance Dog, AFD or VIP
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Magic II!
Submitted by: Service & Hearing Dog Instructor Ashley Siddals