RAINBOW now can rock a 5-minute ‘stand’ with no kibbles! She is practicing proofing this skill/duration and other obedience skills with various distractions on campus. Rainbow has been practicing ‘go settle’ as an incompatible behavior to scavenging and is making nice progress. She can be told ‘here’ or ‘release’ off leash and will check in with her handler and ignore the kibbles on the floor. Way to go, Rainbow!
- Skills being learned: Refining of obedience and default behaviors, ‘shake’, ‘visit’.
- Recent field trips: Currently Not Applicable Due to COVID-19
- Possible behavior challenges: Dog distraction, impulse control around thresholds.
- Advanced training location: Burnaby
- Potential career path: Assistance Dog
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Rainbow!
Submitted by: Service & Hearing Dog Instructor Ashley Siddals