SUNNY II has been spending more time this month onsite at PADS, working with Ashley and Margaret to make sure he is maintaining all his good behaviors so he will be ready for when a good client match is found for him. Sunny is working on maintaining his engage/disengage work when balls or toys are thrown near him and is doing some fine-tuning work on his ‘wait’ cues and duration obedience. We continue to search for the best match for this lovely boy and we hope to have more news to share very soon!
- Skills being learned: Maintaining all skills learned, including basic obedience and public access manners
- Recent field trips: Cariboo Dam, New Westminster Quay, Central Park
- Possible behavior challenges: Arousal around dogs or toys being tossed
- Advanced training location: Burnaby
- Potential career path: AFD or PTSD Service
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Sunny!
Submitted by: Training Programs Manager Margaret Hicks