VALOUR is continuing to hone her “step” skill. She is working on giving eye contact and waiting for the cue before she takes the next step. She is enjoying working on skills like “button” and “open the door” and has improved her paw aim by becoming better at focusing visually on her target. When she is not working hard to improve her service skills, Valour enjoys have a good play in the yard with training buddies Chess, Winnie and Sassafras.
- Skills being learned: ‘Button’, ‘open the door’, default eye contact, responding to cues rather than guessing what comes next.
- Recent field trips: Metrotown Mall, Trout Lake, Lougheed Mall, other field trips with Ashley and advanced training volunteers.
- Possible behavior challenges: Separation anxiety.
- Advanced Training location: Burnaby
- Potential career path: Service
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Valour!
Submitted by: Apprentice Instructor Ashley Siddals