WOODSTOCK recently joined advanced training and has been settling in nicely. He has been working on his loose leash walking and obedience with a new handler as well as working on how to move his feet with skill such as ‘perch’ or walking over cavalettis. Woodstock is quite sensitive about his feet being handled for nail trims, so this has been his primary focus for the past while. He has spent some time away from the kennel to be with his advanced sitters so he can work on his body sensitivity while in a comfortable home environment. He is starting to show a bit more confidence in his co-operative care and we hope to see him get more and more comfortable!
- Skills being learned: Practice of obedience and default behaviors, ‘perch’, co-operative care for foot handling
- Recent field trips: Cariboo Dam, various field trips as needed with his sitters
- Possible behavior challenges: Lunging on leash when excited, foot/body handling sensitivity
- Advanced training location: Burnaby
- Potential career path: Assistance Dog
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Woodstock!
Submitted by: Service & Hearing Dog Instructor Ashley Siddals