ZARIA has been enjoying lots of extra attention as she assists in advanced trainer Lisa’s gradual return to work schedule. Zaria’s training is ramping up as she is continually challenged with new scenarios. She has been proving to trainer Lisa that she is ready to take on many tasks! She loves to deliver items “up” to a table as well as retrieve from off the table. This skill is very needed when client is in a power chair and can’t reach things as well as if they were standing. Zaria is also practicing a little weightlifting and carrying so that she will be in her best physical shape to carry heavier items longer distances!
- Skills being learned: Duration carry of heavier items, ‘up’, ‘bring it to…’, working on more challenging versions of all existing skills.
- Recent field trips: Lougheed Mall, Ikea, PetSmart, local recreation centers.
- Possible behavior challenges: Jumping onto people when she is excited, eating grass.
- Advanced training location: Burnaby
- Potential career path: Service
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Zaria!
Submitted by: Advanced Trainer Lisa Davis