ZARIA had a slower month in June. Due to some minor sensitivity in her back and hind end, Zaria spent the first part of June on rest, which meant low key walks only (translation: on leash walking) and lots of stretching. After a few weeks of rest and stretching, Zaria seems to be feeling much better and is enjoying off leash playtime again with her canine roommates. While on rest, Zaria was practicing basic obedience and loose leash walking. She even got to accompany her sitter and a few canine friends on a camping trip! Now that her movement restrictions have been lifted and COVID-19 limitations are gradually lifting, Zaria has been practicing her skills in public, accompanying her sitter on routine grocery shopping trips and to massage appointments now that she is allowed to be back in cape.
- Skills being learned: Stretching and body handling practice, loose leash walking practice, maintaining all skills learned so far
- Recent field trips: Various field trips with her advanced sitter
- Possible behavior challenges: Jumping onto people when she is excited, chasing the hose spray
- Advanced training location: Burnaby
- Potential career path: Assistance Dog
Thank you again for all your support of Advanced Dog Zaria!
Submitted by: Training Programs Manager Margaret Hicks