- You are passionate about creating an environment where everyone feels welcome and respected
- You have a proven work ethic that is responsive
- You take responsibility for your actions, and honor your commitments
- You have a desire to engage and work closely with others – both within and outside the organization
- You do not shy away from tough challenges
- You embody empathy and compassion in all your interactions
BE YOU. WITH US
We serve communities that are greater and stronger because of their diversity. What makes YOU different is worth both celebrating and cultivating. PADS is committed to equality across race, gender, age, religion, identity, ability and experience. We invite you to bring your whole self to our team, helping us to change lives, one dog —and person—at a time.
PADS supports people with disabilities and community care providers by partnering them with certified assistance dogs.
Our clients enjoy life-changing independence and wellness through partnerships with PADS certified assistance dogs.
- Gratitude | We are grateful for the support of our community and those who share our mission.
- Respect | We hold in high esteem those who support our mission with their time, their money, or their actions. We are kind to our dogs and always consider their dignity and health.
- Accountability | We exhibit a high level of care and conduct when considering or taking action.
- Integrity | We are sincere and genuine when we consider or take action.
- Trust | We appreciate those who place their confidence in us, and we act in ways to maintain that level of faith in our mission.
- Transparency | We conduct ourselves openly and consider stakeholders and the community as our partners in the fulfillment of our mission.
On behalf of the registered society’s membership, and of the Board of Directors oversee the governance of the society and ensure that PADS:
- Achieves outcomes consistent with the Society’s Mission, Vision, and objectives in accordance with our mandate and strategic plan
- Operates in a fiscally sound and prudent manner
- Operates according to our Constitution and Bylaws, and all applicable acts, statutes, and regulations
We welcome candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Fundraising/Community Development
- Risk Management
- Lived Experience
Board members are required to become Society members in order to stand for nomination to the board.
Committee members participate in regular committee meetings. Committees make recommendation to the board related to issues in alignment with the strategic plan. Standing Board Committees consist of:
- Fundraising Committee
- Volunteer Committee
- Governance Committee
- HR Committee
- Ad hoc committees as required
Committee members are invited to become Society members, who are then eligible for nomination to Board positions.
MEETINGS & TIME COMMITMENT
Board & Committee members are expected to approximately spend 4-6 hours per month to Board business (e.g. board preparation, meeting and committee meeting time)
Both Board Members and Committee Members are required to become members of the society (if not already a member in good standing) in order to serve in these roles. Please Note: Active PADS volunteers are invited to apply to be Committee Members, but are not eligible to serve on the board (per society Bylaws).
If you have these skills and would like to be part of an amazing organization, we invite you to submit your application below.
The Pacific Assistance Dogs Society thanks all applicants for your interest in this opportunity. Please note that only shortlisted candidates, who have clearly articulated having met the essential qualifications, skills, and abilities in their application package will be contacted.