Join a community of over 200 dedicated individuals and families that help shape the success of our assistance dog candidates. Puppy-raising is a minimum 18 month commitment and being a puppy-raiser means having a furry companion by your side at work, school, the grocery store and wherever else you may go in a day. This volunteer job is a big commitment, but it is an essential part of socializing our dogs for the working life they will later have with their partner. Puppies enter raising at 8 weeks old, and live with our volunteer puppy-raisers until they are approximately 18 months old.
- A desire to give back and have fun doing it!
- We ask raisers to join our community for a two year commitment – although we’d love for you to join us for longer!
- Attendance at regular puppy-classes (weekly for full-time raisers and monthly for part-time raisers) & one monthly outreach event
- Dog Lover? You can raise a PADS puppy and have up to 3 pet dogs (As long as your housing/municipality allows)
- Only 1 dog under a year in the home
- Exposure to toddlers and children is wonderful for puppy, but our insurance precludes PADS puppies being raised in a home or workplace that has a daycare or preschool centre.
- You must have a conversational level of English.
- Primary applicant must be at 18 years of age or older
Burnaby: Apply Now
Okanagan: Apply Now
Calgary: Applications Currently Closed