PADS Calgary is looking for a new home!
Pacific Assistance Dogs Society (PADS) is appealing to the Calgary community to help us find a new home from which to train life-changing dogs.
After 6 years subletting from our friends at Chasin’ Tails, in the Meridian Neighborhood of Calgary, they need the space PADS uses to expand their thriving business.
“We are faced with a unique challenge at a critical time in the life of our organization”, remarks PADS Executive Director Laura Watamanuk. “We’ve recently doubled our Calgary team, to meet the ever-growing need for assistance dogs in Alberta. Looking for a new home—particularly with dogs—at a time when commercial real estate vacancy is very low, has not been easy.”
- No smaller than 2,500 sq ft/ ideal 3000 – 5000 sq ft
- Multi purpose – Kitchen area, space for desks/office space
- Accessibility – front entrance, bathroom, training space (entrance can have a wheelchair accessible ramp installed)
- Dog toileting area – does not need to be fenced (we have fencing)
- Lobby/reception area
- Heat and air conditioning
- Finishings: prefer to have building finished. Drywall is easily damaged in training, so protective FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic/protective panels) will be installed on bottom area of walls.
- Location: idea area is Central Calgary; however, we are open to other areas.
PADS breeds, raises and trains fully certified assistance dogs. Our service (mobility & PTSD) and hearing dogs provide life-changing independence to those with disabilities. Our accredited facility dogs work with community professionals, such as teachers, RCMP and psychologists to help support healthy communities. PADS is a fully accredited member of Assistance Dogs International.
For additional information on our programs or facility needs please contact:
For media inquiries please contact: