Communication & Event CoordinatorAPPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
PADS is seeking a full-time (37.5 hrs/week), Communication & Event Coordinator, which is a diverse role designed to effectively support PADS’ growth, mission and endeavors.
This role requires a person that is very detail orientated and task driven with experience in communication, events and volunteer coordination.
The role reports to the Marketing & Communication Manager onsite at the Burnaby office, however the successful applicant will also work closely with both the Finance & HR Manager and PADS Executive Director and collaboratively with the administration team.
The Pacific Assistance Dogs Society (PADS) is changing lives, one dog at a time. We are dedicated to breeding, raising, training and placing assistance dogs for persons with a physical disability or who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, and to supporting these client and dog teams for the working life of the assistance dogs. PADS is based in the Metro Vancouver region of British Columbia, Canada, with additional staffed programs in Nanaimo and Calgary, Alberta. Today we manage a program of 80 to 100 puppies in training and over 75 working dog/client teams across Western Canada. Our team of employees, Board members, and volunteers is passionate about giving people a new leash on life with assistance dogs that give clients greater independence and a better quality of life.
In our work, we aim to uphold standards of Assistance Dogs International (ADI): to share its “common goals and interests which are best achieved by uniformly complying with local, state and federal laws as well as ethical, moral and legal policies, practices and procedures.”
PADS has been changing lives since 1987 and we have recently moved forward with a strategic plan, breeding program initiative, and renewed vision and goals through our board and management team – while supported by a core of over 400 dedicated volunteers.
This role spans many areas and touchpoints and works collaboratively with the Executive Director, the Finance & HR Manager & the Marketing Communication Manager and the remainder of the PADS admin team to be accountable for the following:
- Tracking, creation and distribution of communication materials to recognize donors and volunteers (i.e. thank you cards, invites, updates, etc)
- Drafting & distribution of eBlasts (volunteer & donor)
- Routine web updates & content creation (class schedule, blog posts, donor recognition, etc)
- Loading of upcoming events to the PADS website & social channels
- Research & Writing as needed
- Social Media monitoring and content development
- Web maintenance & content creation (WordPress Platform)
- Project management of communication & digital projects (video, photography, web development)
- Other communication activities as required
Event coordination activities:
Accountable for all aspects of events, from initial outline to event clean up and wrap up. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintain PADS annual event calendar and event / task assigning
- Outlining volunteer needs for each event
- Communications, licenses, signage, supplies
- Preparing budgets, booking locations etc.
- Setup and layout of all requirements for the event
- Organizing and soliciting for gaming and auction donations (in accordance with adhere to related Gaming/CRA regulations)
- Coordinate with the Finance & HR manager to apply for Gaming Licenses
- addresses/contact info, defined fields data, etc for event related volunteers, donors, attendees and event correspondence
- Email acknowledgements for auction donations received
- Maintain ticket sale data for the events and coordinate payment processing with the Donor & Donation Coordinator
- Maintain donated auction or raffle items
- Day of Event:
- overseeing support staff and volunteers
- ensuring proper accounting protocols are followed for cash management
- performing essential administrative duties and record keeping relating to gaming
- Post event:
- Event wrap up and putting away event supplies
- Etapestry Updates
- Event Recognition Thank You Letters
- Post-Secondary or relevant experience in a related discipline (communication, journalism, event management, non-profit management)
- Proven experience in volunteer and donor relations
- Articulate and receptive communicator, verbally and in writing. Skilled in drafting and polishing documents using clear and concise business English, with accuracy, timeliness, and attention to detail. Professional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills.
- A solid record of having engaged in positive, productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. High level of earned trust, confidentiality and sound judgment in conduct and interactions.
- Efficient use of PCs, the Internet, and MS Office. Ability to learn new software.
- Familiarity with technology platforms, and a willingness to learn – wordpress, gravity forms, indesign, acrobat pro
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when required for PADS events and as required working additional hours to meet deadlines for external funding applications or events.
- Ability to manage tasks to achieve measurable outcomes
The Communication & Event Coordinator shares work space and equipment with other employees in PADS’ main office. Visitors to the office include persons who are handling dogs that are certified or puppies and dogs in training for certification as service dogs, hearing dogs, and for accredited facility dog service.
Salary negotiable, commensurate with experience. An extended benefits package is provided.
STATUS: Qualified Candidates are Now Being Interviewed