DEVELOPMENT Coordinator (CALGARY, AB)POSITION FILLED
DID WE mention there’s cute puppies?
While puppies come with the territory at PADS, it gets even better. We change lives.
PADS’ Development Team is about connection: building relationships that have the power to transform both lives and communities.
These connections are woven between PADS supporters, mission, life-changing dogs, and incredible clients. Their work ensures each tiny puppy can grow from wee superhero to blue-vested certified assistance dog and that each team receives career long support. These dogs get up each day to make this world a little easier for those that need a helping paw.
Our team is small, but mighty, and each day we work together collaboratively to ensure that PADS is known far and wide and that we run a world class program. Why? Because every story we tell, every dollar we raise, every donor or volunteer we connect with gets PADS one step closer to placing another life-changing dog.
- love developing lasting relationships – especially through the stewardship of our donors and supporters
- are a team player that loves working collaboratively as well as independently
- have an enterprising spirit and good relationship-building skills
- enjoy organizing and running engaging events and fundraisers that support our mission and connect our community
- enjoy shifting gears and working in a fast-paced work environment
- have at least 3 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- have a post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline (event management, event marketing, communications, fundraising, non-profit management)
- can work independently and/or collaboratively within tight deadlines and with great attention to detail
Finally, you are comfortable with chaos. While we work hard to tame it, ultimately when puppies are in the mix (not to mention people and technology!), their is always a level of unpredictability that must be welcomed and embraced!
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator is a full-time (37.5 hr/week) full-time position based out of Calgary, AB and will effectively support PADS mission and fundraising endeavours in both Alberta and British Columbia.
The Development Coordinator will also have a dotted-line reporting relationships to the Director of Communications and the Executive Director.
The role is responsible for:
Community Engagements & Fundraising Events
- Identify, recruit, and coordinate third-party fundraising events.
- Manage sponsor activations.
- Represent PADS at community events along with PADS dogs staff/volunteer teams.
- Manage event and community donation platforms (I.e., tip tap, iPad, etc.)
- Support with volunteer coordination and scheduling.
- Responsible for preparation and cross checking of event plans, tracking and event post-mortems.
- Record event sponsor activations for sponsor reporting.
- Manage and prepare event marketing plans in coordination with the PADS marketing and communications team.
- Coordinate with the PADS Finance Team regarding floats and cash handling protocols (as required).
- Act as a liaison with vendors, facilities, etc.
Fundraising & Communications Coordination
- Participate in departmental meetings, fundraising committee meetings as well as select meetings with partners/fundraising leads as needed.
- Support day-to-day activities, including receiving and responding to public inquiries related to fundraising through a variety of channels such as but not limited to website enquiries, email, social, phone and in the community.
- Support the Executive Director and Director of Development in regard to the board fundraising committees (Calgary, Okanagan and West Coast).
- Responsible for the draft development of donor acknowledgement related communication materials (social media, sponsorship packages, letters, emails, signage, etc.)
- Support the Fundraising and Communications teams administratively with other tasks as required.
- Ongoing prospect research in Alberta as well as other markets as needed.
- Working with the Donor Care Coordinator, Grant Writer, and Marketing & Media Coordinator to ensure donor commitments are met (i.e., acknowledgements, logo placements, blog, newsletter articles, etc.)
- Responsible for fundraising communications such as donor acknowledgements, communications, including scholarship acknowledgements, dog milestone communications (puppy, turn-in, placement, release, etc.)
- Ensure that fundraising data, prospects and all record keeping is up to date (data entry, report development, queries, etc.)
- Collaborate with cross functional teams.
We’re an organization driven by passionate people – that change lives every single day. We expect excellence of ourselves and our team, but we have fun too.
Pacific Assistance Dogs Society (PADS) breeds, raises and trains fully certified assistance dogs. Our service (mobility & PTSD) and hearing dogs provide life-changing independence to those with disabilities other than blindness. Our accredited facility dogs work with community professionals, such as teachers, RCMP and psychologists to help support wellness in our community.
We’re proud of the fact that we were the first fully accredited member of Assistance Dogs International in Canada.
BE YOU. WITH US.
We serve communities that are greater and stronger because of their diversity. What makes YOU different is worth both celebrating and cultivating.
PADS is committed to equality across race, gender, age, religion, identity, ability and experience. We invite you to bring your whole self to our team, helping us to change lives, one dog —and person—at a time.
Join us today!
DOES THIS ALL SOUND LIKE A GOOD FIT?
Please submit your CV and cover letter. Note that we will be interviewing as qualified applications are received in order to hire for this position ASAP, so please apply early.
POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!