IT & Systems CoordinatorACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
PUPPY CUDDLES ARE ONE OF THE JOB PERKS.
You may not believe us now, but it gets even better. “What is better than puppy cuddles?” you ask?! Changing lives!
PADS’ Communications Team is at its core about Community Engagement – we have the privilege of connecting people throughout our organization and beyond. We get to weave through the thread of people that follows a tiny puppy from wee superhero in the making, to blue-vested certified assistance dog. A dog that gets up each day to make this world a little easier for those that need a helping paw.
We also get to partner with every department of PADS, whether it’s:
- designing data and technology solutions that empower growth, change and learning
- organizing and running engaging events and fundraisers that support our mission and connect our community
- creating connections between people, pups and PADS – using technology to foster deeply connected relationships
- supporting our leadership and departments by helping them craft training materials for staff, clients and volunteers
- telling the world about our incredible volunteers, donors and clients (they are seriously the best!)
Our team is small, but mighty, and each day we work together collaboratively to ensure that PADS is known far and wide and that we run a world class program. Why? Because every story we tell, every dollar we raise, every donor or volunteer we connect with gets PADS one step closer to placing another life-changing dog.
- are a self starter that loves nothing more than creating a to do list, other than the satisfaction of ticking things off of it!
- are an analytical data nerd that loves to tell stories of success and opportunity using insights and analysis
- live and breathe solutions and systems – you thrive when you’re faced with a puzzle that needs to be solved
- are a team player that loves working collaboratively as well as independently
- are a dynamic communicator, who can meet strategic objectives with technology solutions that are easy to use and interact with
- have a strong understanding of web usability and digital accessibility (bonus points if you have experience with helping an organization achieve WCAG certification)
- get great satisfaction out of turning ideas and concepts into learning modules or tutorials
- are digitally savvy and learn new technologies with ease and love troubleshooting through challenges
- enjoy shifting gears and working in a fast paced work environment
- have at least 3 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- have a post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline (IT, communications, education, journalism, PR, marketing, etc)
- can work independently and/or collaboratively within tight deadlines and with great attention to detail
Finally, you are comfortable with chaos – while we work hard to tame it — ultimately when puppies are in the mix (not to mention people and technology!) their is always a level of unpredictability that must be welcomed and embraced!
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager, the IT & Systems Coordinator is a full-time (37.5 hr/week) full-time position supports the development and implementation a wide variety of technology and systems that support effective communications and culture goals within the PADS community.
The work of the Communications department may target supporters, volunteers, staff, clients, stakeholders, partner agencies or the public (or any combination of these groups). We strive to be inclusive, accessible and empowering in our work.
The role is responsible for:
● Work collaboratively across all departments to develop and build out PADS technology systems (Forms, interactive platforms, etc.) and solutions
● Act as PADS’ Salesforce Administrator to ensure that this robust system is optimized to it’s highest potential and users are equipped and empowered to use it to achieve strat plan goals.
● Support the Communications department goal of PADS meeting Canada’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1 compliance) in cooperation with the Accessibility Coordinator
● Provide technical support to end users (PADS staff, volunteers, clients, etc.) for all PADS platforms (WordPress, G Suite, Salesforce, Microsoft 365, etc.)
● Build, test, and implement forms and application systems
● Develop and follow standards and guidelines for information architecture (i.e. naming guidelines, data management, etc.)
● Develops resources and supporting documentation for all PADS systems
● Responsible for managing user creation and permissions management for all systems (onboarding/offboarding of staff, volunteers, etc.)
● Management of PADS YouTube Channels, optimization, permissions, and content loading.
● Working collaboratively with the Communications Manager and Coordinators to support PADS’ SEO and Accessibility goals.
Network and Hardware
• Research, selection, acquisition, setup and maintenance of all technology hardware for the PADS organization; including but not limited to laptops, printers, projection equipment, security systems, phones, digital locks, payment systems, etc.
• Management of all technology inventory and tracking
• Acting as liaison with external technology providers, I.e., ISP, Web Host/Developers, Hardware leasing, etc.
• Working collaboratively with the Office & Facilities Coordinator to ensure regular hardware maintenance is performed.
• Providing training support to PADS staff and administrative volunteers on proper use of systems as well as organizational best practices
• Development of on-demand systems training videos (for both volunteers and staff)
Development of robust documentation and standards for data management systems
● Research and support with execution of strategies to support a variety of internal and external objectives related to PADS’ strategic plan
● Assist with the planning, researching, and execution of recommendations for specified strategies and prepares reports to help evaluate effectiveness of strategy to ensure continuous improvement.
● Provide content loading support for PADS platforms (WordPress, Sharepoint, etc.)
● Participates in meetings, brings forward topics for discussion, and provide recommendations for technology solutions to further departmental and organizational goals.
● Conducts measurement and evaluation of programs, systems and processes.
● Supports PADS technology for events and fundraising activations (I.e. payment systems, A/V, etc.)
We’re an organization driven by passionate people – that change lives every single day. We expect excellence of ourselves and our team, but we have fun too.
Pacific Assistance Dogs Society (PADS) breeds, raises and trains fully certified assistance dogs. Our service (mobility & PTSD) and hearing dogs provide life-changing independence to those with disabilities other than blindness. Our accredited facility dogs work with community professionals, such as teachers, RCMP and psychologists to help support wellness in our community.
We’re proud of the fact that we were the first fully accredited member of Assistance Dogs International in Canada.
BE YOU. WITH US.
We serve communities that are greater and stronger because of their diversity. What makes YOU different is worth both celebrating and cultivating.
PADS is committed to equality across race, gender, age, religion, identity, ability and experience. We invite you to bring your whole self to our team, helping us to change lives, one dog —and person—at a time.
Join us today!
DOES THIS ALL SOUND LIKE A GOOD FIT?
Please submit your CV and cover letter. Note that we will be interviewing as qualified applications are received in order to hire for this position ASAP, so please apply early.