Summer Student: Digital Content SpecialistAPPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
PADS is seeking an 8 week summer student (37.5 hrs/week) through the Canada Summer Jobs program, Digital Content Specialist, which is a diverse role designed to effectively support PADS’ growth, mission and endeavors.
This role requires a person that is a self-starter, digitally savvy, very detail orientated and task driven that wants to gain experienc working in a WordPress Buddypress environment, helping PADS to launch their very first intranet for volunteers and staff: The Hydrant.
The role reports to the Marketing & Communication Manager and works collaboratively with both PADS staff and volunteers on the project.
The Pacific Assistance Dogs Society (PADS) is changing lives, one dog at a time. We are dedicated to breeding, raising, training and placing assistance dogs for persons with a physical disability or who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, and to supporting these client and dog teams for the working life of the assistance dogs. PADS is based in the Metro Vancouver region of British Columbia, Canada, with additional staffed programs in Nanaimo and Calgary, Alberta. Today we manage a program of 80 to 100 puppies in training and over 75 working dog/client teams across Western Canada. Our team of employees, Board members, and volunteers is passionate about giving people a new leash on life with assistance dogs that give clients greater independence and a better quality of life.
In our work, we aim to uphold standards of Assistance Dogs International (ADI): to share its “common goals and interests which are best achieved by uniformly complying with local, state and federal laws as well as ethical, moral and legal policies, practices and procedures.”
PADS has been changing lives since 1987 and we have recently moved forward with a strategic plan, breeding program initiative, and renewed vision and goals through our board and management team – while supported by a core of over 400 dedicated volunteers.
This role spans many areas and touchpoints and works collaboratively with the Marketing & Communication Manager and the remainder of the Hydrant Development team to be accountable for the following:
- assist volunteer users to establish secure log-ins and access the materials and information.
- Review, edit and prepare material for digital publishing
- Publish content to secure web platform using WordPress
- Adhere to PADS brand and content guidelines
- Assist in user registration and support users with technical issues
- Logging, uploading and labelling content to the internal system
- Supporting development of other digital and social media content as assigned by supervisor
- General office and administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Education or relevant experience in a related discipline (communication, journalism, web development, graphic design)
- Articulate and receptive communicator, verbally and in writing. Skilled in drafting and polishing documents using clear and concise business English, with accuracy, timeliness, and attention to detail.
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills.
- A solid record of having engaged in positive, productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. High level of earned trust, confidentiality and sound judgment in conduct and interactions.
- Efficient use of PCs, the Internet, and MS Office. Ability to learn new software.
- Familiarity with technology platforms, and a willingness to learn – wordpress, gravity forms, indesign, acrobat pro
- Ability to manage tasks to achieve measurable outcomes
The Digital Content Specialist shares work space and equipment with other employees in PADS’ main office. Visitors to the office include persons who are handling dogs that are certified or puppies and dogs in training for certification as service dogs, hearing dogs, and for accredited facility dog service.
This position pays $15/Hr
STATUS: Qualified Applicants are Now Being Interviewed.