ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
PADS is seeking an 8 week summer student (37.5 hrs/week) through the Canada Summer Jobs program for the role of Graphic Design Intern.
- Do you have a great eye for design and an ability to think creatively while working within an established brand?
- Are you a proactive and driven self-starter?
- Digitally savvy and detail orientated?
- Driven to complete tasks while balancing excellence with speed?
We’d love to meet you and introduce you to some of the best subject matter ever: PUPPIES!
The role requires working with several design tools including Adobe Creative Suite as well as helping us build out templates and tools for other staff that will ensure our brand is always at it’s best!
You’ll report to the Marketing & Communication Manager and work collaboratively with the Digital Content Coordinator, Events & Volunteer Coordinator and various departments to create fabulous content and tools.
The Pacific Assistance Dogs Society (PADS) is changing lives, one dog at a time. We are dedicated to breeding, raising, training and placing assistance dogs for persons with a physical disability or who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, and to supporting these client and dog teams for the working life of the assistance dogs. PADS is based in the Metro Vancouver region of British Columbia, Canada, with additional staffed programs in Nanaimo and Calgary, Alberta. Today we manage a program of 80 to 100 puppies in training and over 75 working dog/client teams across Western Canada. Our team of employees, Board members, and volunteers is passionate about giving people a new leash on life with assistance dogs that give clients greater independence and a better quality of life. In our work, we aim to uphold standards of Assistance Dogs International (ADI).
PADS has been changing lives since 1987 and we have recently moved forward with a strategic plan, breeding program initiative, and renewed vision and goals through our board and management team – while supported by a core of over 400 dedicated volunteers.
This role will involve working with different departments, projects and touch points:
- Create and draft designs, templates and documents for both print and electronic formats
- Adhere to PADS brand and content guidelines
- Supporting development of other digital and social media content as assigned by supervisor
- General office and administrative tasks as assigned
- Education or relevant experience in a related discipline (graphic design, illustration or communications)
- Articulate and receptive communicator, verbally and in writing. Skilled in drafting and polishing documents using clear and concise business English, with accuracy, timeliness, and attention to detail.
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills.
- A solid record of having engaged in positive, productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. High level of earned trust, confidentiality and sound judgment in conduct and interactions.
- Efficient use of PCs, the Internet, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office. Ability to learn new software.
- Familiarity with technology platforms, and a willingness to learn – wordpress, gravity forms, indesign, acrobat pro
- Ability to manage tasks to achieve measurable outcomes
The Graphic Design Intern will primarily work remotely and given the length of placement, it is preferred if they have a computer that can support installation of Adobe Creative Suite (license will be supplied by PADS). When on site they share work space and equipment with other employees in PADS’ main office. Visitors to the office include persons who are handling dogs that are certified or puppies and dogs in training for certification as service dogs, hearing dogs, and for accredited facility dog service.
This position pays $19.35/Hr
APPLICATION DEADLINE & START DATE
Application Deadline: Sunday, June 13th – 12PM
Tentative Start Date: July 1, 2021 (there is some flexibility for the right applicant)
Note: Please include a link in your cover letter to an online portfolio or upload a small sample of design work you’re proud of with your resume and cover letter.
Applications are now closed.