PADS is seeking a permanent part-time (30hrs/week) Communication Coordinator. The position reports to PADS Communication Manager and works collaboratively with the administration team, PADS staff and volunteers to further the brand reputation and awareness of PADS programs.
The Pacific Assistance Dogs Society (PADS) is changing lives, one dog at a time. We are dedicated to breeding, raising, training and placing assistance dogs and supporting the working teams throughout the dog’s working life. PADS dogs are matched with individuals that have a physical disability, are deaf or hard-of-hearing, and with community care professionals in intervention roles. PADS is based in the Metro Vancouver region of British Columbia, Canada and also has active volunteer programs in Calgary, Alberta as well as the BC Okanagan Region. Our team of employees, board members, and volunteers is passionate about giving our clients a “new leash on life” with assistance dogs who will help them gain greater independence and a enhanced quality of life.
In our work, we aim to uphold the high standards of Assistance Dogs International (ADI).
- Research & Writing
- Social Media monitoring and content development
- Web maintenance & content creation (WordPress Platform)
- Digital Advertising (Google Adwords/Facebook Ads) & Search Engine Optimization
- Survey development and best practices
- Brand management – ensuring that all materials circulated by the organization meet the brand guidelines
- Project management of communication & digital projects (video, photography, web development)
- Strategy development for annual communication & fundraising activities
- Advisory support to the staff and executive director (writing/editing) to ensure all materials facing the public, volunteers and clients follow communication best practices and PADS brand guidelines.
- Special events & public awareness activities
- Other communication activities as required
The Communication Coordinator shares work space and equipment with other employees and volunteers at PADS’ facilities. There is daily interaction, and physical contact, with puppies and dogs in training for certification–as service dogs, hearing dogs, and intervention canines. There is occasional contact with certified dogs and clients.
The position is 3 days a week in office (days to be determined with successful candidate), and 6 hrs a week remotely. You may occasionally be required to work evenings or weekends to attend special events as required. The compensation for this position is commensurate with experience. Please included expected salary range in your application.
- You have a college/university level education in a related discipline (communications, marketing, journalism, digital communication, etc)
- You have non-profit communication experience
- You are experienced in working with/speaking with the media for radio, television and print
- You communicate clearly both in person and in writing.
- You are comfortable working in a variety of platforms including:
- Microsoft Office (required)
- Adobe Acrobat (required)
- In Design (required)
- Photoshop (desired)
- Illustrator (desired)
- WordPress (desired)
- Blackbaud eTapestry (desired)
- Google Analytics (required)
- Google Adwords (desired)
- Valid BC Driver’s License, at a minimum level of Class 5.
- At times, use of personal vehicle will be required for travel to and from appointments and/or PADS events. Such use will be reimbursed at PADS mileage rate (currently .50 cents per km).
- The ideal applicant will be a team oriented self-starter who can work efficiently with minimal supervision, drive timelines to ensure projects are completed effectively.
Application Deadline – August 10, 2016