FIELD REPRESENTATIVEPOSITION FILLED
Are you a life-long learner who is always seeking to improve your knowledge and skills in dog training? Do you strive to support our clients and their life-changing service dogs? If so, our team wants to meet you.
We take a collaborative and evidence-based approach to improving rearing, training and enrichment from whelping box to the client’s side.
PADS is proud to be a member of Assistance Dogs International and an active one – participating in leadership capacities across the industry so that our work in Canada does not only benefit our own teams, but programs around the world.
At our core, the PADS Team is about connection: building relationships that have the power to transform both lives and communities.
These connections are woven between PADS leadership, staff, donors, mission, life-changing dogs, and incredible clients. Their work ensures each tiny puppy can grow from wee superhero to blue-vested certified assistance dog and that each team receives career long support. These dogs get up each day to make this world a little easier for those that need a helping paw.
Pacific Assistance Dogs Society (PADS), is a registered charity that provides professionally trained assistance dogs to persons with physical disabilities or hearing loss who reside in the western provinces of Canada. We also place service dogs with veterans and first responders with PTSD who live in Burnaby, BC and Calgary, Alberta, and accredited facility dogs with professionals who work with vulnerable populations across Canada.
PADS is seeking a Field Representative to fill an independent contractor position with our organization.
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- 4+ years’ of proven experience in: learning theory; canine behaviour, assessment, care and safety, including basic knowledge of canine nutrition, anatomy and physiology.
- Working knowledge of adult education and demonstrated skill for teaching adults.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Enjoy travel, as this role will primarily work with clients in their homes and community
- Valid driver’s license
In addition, it is desirable that the candidate demonstrates:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce
The position is required to engage in short term travel to work locations throughout BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities
As independent contractors, field representative schedules are flexible and can be completed at your discretion. Main responsibilities include:
- Teaching clients how to work with their Assistance Dogs in their homes, workplaces, schools and communities after placement.
- Equipping clients with relevant skills and/or train new tasks, as required.
- Conducting re-certification of the client team every year for the life of the dog.
- Actively participating in the creation and maintenance of up-to-date, accurate and complete records regarding client care
- Complying with PADS’ procedures to meet ADI minimum standards and ethics for training, placement and use of assistance dogs.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and provide education to the public about Assistance Dogs and the legal rights of people with disabilities who are partnered with them.
- Assisting with outreach events, as required.
Be You. With Us.
We serve communities that are greater and stronger because of their diversity. What makes YOU different is worth both celebrating and cultivating.
PADS is committed to equality across race, gender, age, religion, identity, ability and experience. We invite you to bring your whole self to our team, helping us to change lives, one dog —and person—at a time.
Commensurate with experience.
All interested parties, regardless of outcome, shall be treated with the utmost of confidentiality.
Position has been filled. Thank you for your interest!